Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyHeartDiseaseTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hagerstown, MD

http://www.wnypapers.com/news/article/current/2...

http://www.wnypapers.com/news/article/current/2024/12/05/161692/snow-shoveling-cold-temperatures-combine-for-perfect-storm-of-heart-health-hazards
December 5, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

Shoveling is why we have children isn't it? Only problem is mine and all we know are pretty bleeding LAZY!

December 5, 2024
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

I’m with Caryn on leaves. First time with a mulching mower I couldn’t see my lawn and after I had no evidence of leaves ever being there. By far the best way pulse the benefit of feeding the lawn.

December 6, 2024
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

This is why I live in the South. No snow and if we have it, we all stay home until it melts. I have tons of leaves too but the mower and a bag pick them up easily and add them to the compost! Problem solved. I spent years in the Northeast and I was a property manager (multifamilies) and I don't miss shoveling the snow it is not at all good for you and if you have to pay someone to do it that might be the better solution (although not the most affordable). Ask @A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member he had a heart attack shoveling snow in NYC. No matter what your solution the article is correct so be careful in the snow and the cold. ❤️

December 5, 2024 (edited)
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

I don’t have snow, but we have tons of leaves in back yard. I can rake some if weather is not too cold, but I get very short of breath. I work a little then have to sit down for a few minutes,
Then rake a little more. I like the exercise and being outdoors.

December 5, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hagerstown, MD

A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hagerstown, MD

A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member asked a question 💭
Chatham, ON