Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyHeartDiseaseTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

After a workout. Thats how I know im getting old lol my heart is at 35 % eco gram .but my stress test nuclear said it is 53% I dont know go figure i guess. I just know im not the same. How do I know if its the meds or just me.

7 days ago
 · 
Reactions
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

Great Advice for
All of Us @A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member. Hopefully you, AsaeliNgahe will feel better soon. I am feeling the same way now. My EF went up but, lately I feel the change in my breathing. But Hallelujah, I'm breathing. Look on the bright side, Thankful to be getting older. My only 2 children died in their 30s. Things could be worst. I will address the breathing issues with my Cardiologist next month during my appointment. I'm praying for All to feel better. Our God is in Control and I will continue to take one day at a time.

3 days ago
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

I’m personally unsure of the side effects of your medication but I am sure that no matter what direction our health takes us in. God has the absolute last say. So my advice to you is live, live like it’s your last day every day. I’m always praying for a great outcome for you.

4 days ago
MyHeartDiseaseTeam

It's completely understandable to feel frustrated when your body doesn't respond the way it used to — and you're definitely not alone in that! The honest answer is that it can be both the meds *and* your heart condition working together to make exercise feel harder.

Some common medications for heart disease, like Show Full Answer

It's completely understandable to feel frustrated when your body doesn't respond the way it used to — and you're definitely not alone in that! The honest answer is that it can be both the meds *and* your heart condition working together to make exercise feel harder.

Some common medications for heart disease, like beta-blockers and diuretics, can contribute to:

- Fatigue and general weakness
- Dizziness or lightheadedness after exercise
- Reduced exercise tolerance overall With an ejection fraction in your range, your heart is working harder than usual to pump blood, which means your muscles get less oxygen during activity — and that can leave you feeling wiped out afterward.

A few things worth paying attention to after a workout:

- Unusual or extreme fatigue that doesn't improve with rest
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Chest pain or tightness
- Shortness of breath
- Irregular heartbeat

If any of these show up, stop exercising and let your doctor know. The best way to sort out whether it's the meds or your condition is to have an honest conversation with your cardiology team. They can review your medications and adjust if needed, and may even recommend a cardiac rehabilitation program where exercise is supervised — which can really help rebuild confidence and stamina safely.

You're still showing up and staying active, and that genuinely matters for your heart health! 💪

7 days ago
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

Great advice,Gwein

3 days ago

Related Questions

View All
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ireland, IN

A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member asked a question 💭
Altavista, VA

A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member asked a question 💭
Altavista, VA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In