Just recently was told that I have AFIB because of one detection on the pacemaker, I am so stessed out and have so much anxiety.Is it ok to have glass of wine to calm my nerves, I was prescribed Eloquis.
@A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member I would not have wine alcohol can be a trigger for AFIB so many have a cup of decaffeinated herbal tea or a glass of water with lemon instead. Arrhythmias are tricky and caffeine and alcohol are not your friends. Try listening to some relaxing music, reading a book, taking a walk outside (if that is an option), or listening to a guided meditation, all of these things will help with the anxiety and are much better for you than having a drink. 🤗
It's understandable to feel anxious after receiving an AFib diagnosis. However, drinking alcohol, including wine, is not recommended for people with AFib as it can actually trigger AFib symptoms and make your condition worse. Alcohol can lead to heart palpitations and shortness of breath, particularly at bedtime. The Show Full Answer
Thank you so much!