Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyHeartDiseaseTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member asked a question 💭
Kraaifontein, ZA

Hi there i am 26 and 2.24 meters tall. I have a heart condition that was only diagnosed a few weeks ago. Enlarged heart with a growth in the heart valve, but also have syncope and on top of that i was diagnosed with Kleintfelters syndrome.

If someone can give me some advice how to deal with it please help me.

January 8, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

I’m American so a bit metrically challenged but I calculate your height at 7 foot 4 inches? I suggest most cardiologists have no experience with someone your size. An incident as I was leaving my first cardiologist for over testing and not acting on my confirmed Afib, he offered as justification I had an enlarged aorta. It sounded ominous and Dr Google was not specific enough. I called a fifty year friend and college roommate who is a cardiologist. He said he could have told me that from 1400 miles away because I am tall and athletic. And I’m only 1.88 meters. I know nothing about your condition but suggest you find a cardiologist with some experience with similar patients.

January 9, 2024
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

My advice is to learn all you can about your condition(s). Follow the doctor's orders and take any medication you have been given on time every day. I know it is scary to have an enlarged heart but I have lived with one for many, many years. I am now 70. You don't mention what type of growth on which valve so you need to figure that all out. Be sure to make a list of questions for the doctor the next time you are scheduled to see them. Try not to worry, it never helps and there is little you can do to change any of this. I am here for you when you need to talk. Hugs🤗

January 9, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member asked a question 💭
Thabazimbi, ZA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In