Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyHeartDiseaseTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
MyHeartDiseaseTeam asked a question 💭
San Francisco, CA
August 21, 2024
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared a wide range of surprising heart disease symptoms in response to the question, with many expressing shock at having no symptoms... Read more

Members shared a wide range of surprising heart disease symptoms in response to the question, with many expressing shock at having no symptoms at all despite serious conditions like valve failure or heart attacks, while others were caught off guard by unexpected signs like jaw pain, tooth sensitivity, severe fatigue, dizziness, and unusual swelling in the belly rather than just the ankles. Several members described how symptoms they attributed to other conditions, such as asthma, acid reflux, muscle cramps, or hormonal changes, turned out to be heart attacks or severe blockages, emphasizing the importance of advocating for yourself in the ER and trusting persistent instincts even when initial tests come back normal. A recurring theme was the emotional journey of denial, trauma, and ultimately gratitude for survival, with many crediting faith, supportive families, persistent medical teams, and even divine intervention for getting them through life-threatening cardiac events and onto the path of recovery.

A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

Yes, MaryS and that is because- I went back to bed to wait for Urgent care to open (this was about 4:30 AM) at 8AM and a very persistent, calm voice kept insisting I go to the ER. It would not let me sleep. I finally got aggravated enough to say aloud "all right, I'm going already!" If not for that voice (which I believe was an angel), I would have died in my sleep. A peaceful way to go but not my time as yet, I think. Don't care what anyone else thinks I am convinced it was an angel.

August 21, 2024
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

I’m sure this has been mentioned before but just the sheer toll of the exhaustion has wrecked havoc in my life!

August 26, 2024
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

Bridgette it was God that told you to go, and not sleep. The same thing happened to me but I saw in a vision if I went to sleep I would have not wokened up. My symptoms were pain in my left arm. I thought it was from using the weed eater while cutting lawns, it wasn't from that. I needed three new veins. It is not our time Friends. Good God Almighty. I Believe!!

August 22, 2024
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

I have the opposite . I am never tired . I have had insomnia since I was about a month old. The doctor gave my mother phenobarbital . Imagine back in the day giving a newborn that kind of drug.
Nothing works so I usually go to sleep between 2 and 3 am and sleep till noon.
I only have a half a cup up coffee upon waking . No sugary drinks. It is what it is. Good thing I’m retired

September 2, 2024
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

The lack of treatment and understanding of the emotional side effects.

August 27, 2024

Related Questions

View All
MyHeartDiseaseTeam asked a question 💭
San Francisco, CA

A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member asked a question 💭
Roswell, GA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In