Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyHeartDiseaseTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

The Dr wants to eat healthy can l get any help what l should eat?

June 15, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

@A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member,
I eat all foods and I cook, don't do process food because companies can't cook. Don't eat ted meat but every now and then because I don't care for red meat and won't eat anything that isn't fully cooked. I was born with insomnia. I'm a few months short of 69. I suffered an AMI/ STEMI widowmaker with massive irreversible progressive damage. My condiction is congenital and my heart never grew. I've never had a weight problem and eat a well balanced diet.
The bottom line is no two people are the same and we can't be placed in groups. Just had a cardiac cath on Tusday and all arteries are clear no clotting or cholesterol deposits of any kind. The three arteries that spasm are still holding at 50%. I'm 5'4" tall and have been the same size for over 50 years, I weigh 102.6 pounds and my BMI says I'm under weight. I really don't like generalized care or those who try and put everyone in a group. Until the medical community starts treating patients as individuals and not grouping people we will always have problems.
Robin

June 15, 2024
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

I stay active, focus on a varied diet, avoid sugar, soft drinks, fast foods, processed foods, vegetable oils and recently not sure about grains. I drink good water, eat fruit, veggies, good unprocessed meats including beef and pork,, eggs, some raw full fat milk, some alcohol. It’s an ongoing learning experience that I started in my teens mostly focused on energy and putting on good weight. When I started work life I made adjustments to maintain a healthy weight. I’m not overly concerned with natural fats. I’ll be 72 next month. I had full heart workups in 2010, 2016, and last year evaluating the Afib. I don’t have blockages or other heart issues beyond the Afib now under control.

June 15, 2024
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

Eat chicken or Turkey breast……less fat than the dark meat, fresh fruit & veggies, reduced fat milk, stay away from fried foods & foods high in fat

June 15, 2024
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

God bless you, l cook everything also. Thank you Robin your in my prayers 🙏🏼🙏🏼🌹

June 15, 2024
MyHeartDiseaseTeam

For a heart-healthy diet, consider incorporating the following foods:

1. Fruits and Vegetables: Fresh fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and fiber. They help manage blood sugar levels and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes
2. Whole Grains: Whole grains are minimally processed and retain their fiber, Show Full Answer

For a heart-healthy diet, consider incorporating the following foods:

1. Fruits and Vegetables: Fresh fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and fiber. They help manage blood sugar levels and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
2. Whole Grains: Whole grains are minimally processed and retain their fiber, which helps lower cholesterol and control blood sugar.
3. Lean Proteins: Include lean meats, low-fat dairy products, and legumes like lentils and beans.
4. Healthy Fats: Opt for sources of healthy fats like flaxseeds and grilled salmon.

Always consult your doctor for personalized dietary advice, especially after surgery.

June 15, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member asked a question 💭
Toronto, CA

A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ireland, IN

A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member asked a question 💭
Mcminnville, OR

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In