Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyHeartDiseaseTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ocean City, MD
March 22, 2022
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

I had an ablation last August 2021 and have had no issues. Maybe a little sore for a few days but that is about it. Good luck! Hope you feel better.

April 19, 2022
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

I had an ablation in 2018 and fortunately didn’t have any issues. Chest was a bit sore for a few days and was tired ( probably from all my anxiety) but other then that I was up and around feeling normal.. Was able to come off Propafenone completely.. I certainly hope your surgery went well and you are recovering quickly..

April 4, 2022
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

I guess that all depends on what type of ablation. I had a mini maze done. It was a long recovery and it was more detailed than most ablations. They have to collapse your lungs which I feel lengthened my recovery. After all was said and done I ended up with a pacer/defibrillator anyhow. Hopefully your husband's outcome will be different. Best of luck.

March 25, 2022
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

My husband has had 5 of them, so as you can see, it does not always work, but don't be discouraged. They do in most cases. His is a more difficult case. They go in through the groin or the arm. Most of the time you can go home the next day.

March 23, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member asked a question 💭
Kraaifontein, ZA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In