Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyHeartDiseaseTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
March 29
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

Susan, my advice, based on experience, is to wait for the doctor. They will not implant a pacemaker with an infection since it runs the risk of much bigger problems. You have waited this long and if it were an emergency, they would probably take a different approach. Keep us posted on how you are doing!🤗❤️

March 30
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

Hey I have a bad infection so he wants my infection to be cleared

March 29
MyHeartDiseaseTeam

Should you wait three weeks for your cardiologist to implant your pacemaker, or seek another doctor?

Waiting three weeks for a pacemaker procedure is actually quite common and typically not a cause for concern. Pacemaker implantation is a routine, low-risk operation with a success rate close to 100 percent, so the timing Show Full Answer

Should you wait three weeks for your cardiologist to implant your pacemaker, or seek another doctor?

Waiting three weeks for a pacemaker procedure is actually quite common and typically not a cause for concern. Pacemaker implantation is a routine, low-risk operation with a success rate close to 100 percent, so the timing is often based on scheduling and preparation rather than urgency.

However, your comfort level matters. Here are some things to consider:

Reasons to wait for your current cardiologist:
* They know your complete medical history and heart condition
* The procedure requires specific preparation, including blood work and medication adjustments
* Three weeks allows time for proper planning and optimal outcomes

When you might consider getting a second opinion:
* If you're experiencing worsening symptoms that feel urgent
* If you feel your concerns aren't being heard or addressed
* If you're uncomfortable with the wait time and your doctor hasn't explained why

The best approach is to have an honest conversation with your cardiologist about why they've scheduled it for three weeks out. Ask if your symptoms or condition make it safe to wait, and share any concerns you have about the timeline.

If you still feel uncertain after that discussion, seeking a second opinion is always your right as a patient.

March 29

Related Questions

View All
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member asked a question 💭
Urbana, IL

A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member asked a question 💭
Little Rock, AR

A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member asked a question 💭
Surrey, BC

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In