Yes I have had several done in the past years.
September 6, 2025
I have worn a defibrillator since 2002 and I get a mammogram every year.
September 6, 2025
Yes indeed, it is safe to get a mammogram with a pacemaker, and you should definitely go get it!
September 6, 2025
I’ve had a Mammogram every May since I got my Pacemaker/Defibrilator Combo and following the instructions that are laid out above I have Never had a problem with it! And fortunately a clean mammogram every year!
September 6, 2025
Yes, it is possible to have a mammogram with a pacemaker. However, it's essential to inform the mammography technician and facility beforehand that you have a pacemaker. This allows them to take proper precautions during the procedure.
The key things to remember are
• Always bring your pacemaker ID card
• Tell the Show Full Answer
Yes, it is possible to have a mammogram with a pacemaker. However, it's essential to inform the mammography technician and facility beforehand that you have a pacemaker. This allows them to take proper precautions during the procedure.
The key things to remember are:
• Always bring your pacemaker ID card
• Tell the technician exactly where your pacemaker is located
• Let them know what type of pacemaker you have (traditional or leadless) While mammograms are generally safe for people with pacemakers, it's always good practice to discuss any medical procedures with your cardiologist first. They can provide specific guidance based on your particular type of pacemaker and overall heart health situation.
September 6, 2025