Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyHeartDiseaseTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member asked a question 💭
Woodland, CA

Any post surgical complications? What about numbness at the incision site and area around the site? How long did it last? Any other complications? Like pleural effusion? PE’s? Aflutter/fib? Mitral valve deficiencies? Clots?

January 24, 2020
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

Wont lie. There are days if I had it to do over again, I wouldnt. I was asymptomatic prior to the surgery. Felt great. My heart surg was elective. I can do 3-6 mi daily of aerobic exercize but I was able to that before. Post surgery I developed a lot of complications which makes me wonder. Plus the meds post surg which also makes me wonder

January 29, 2020
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

Otherwise than that , how do you feel ?

January 28, 2020
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

I had triple bypass over a year ago still numb

January 27, 2020
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

I had a triple bypass 6 months ago. I was told the numbness is from the nerves that were cut and to takes along time for the feeling to comeback.

January 25, 2020
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member

i have that too. it has been almost two years and it seems less numb but is so sore. the docs keep telling me it will come back.

March 24, 2020

Related Questions

View All
A MyHeartDiseaseTeam Member asked a question 💭
Houston, TX

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In